i always wanted to have a strong platform in college to encourage and support the students to harness and flourish talent of individual. during BE we really done fantastic job in ITSA. since all members were in proper synchronization and ITSA head and committee members were having good command on their team things really went in right way. though we face many problems we strive for success and ultimately achieved it.
it was much needed to create some policies at end of our term but due to internal clashes with staff n student things were out of control. so now i am posting some of recommendation for ITSA so that the operation will be corruption free and things will be very much clear to all. these policies will be forwarded to HOD for ITSA 2010. till that time we should have discussion on these issue and we can come up with better policies. the draft version is as follows,
A] method of ITSA head selection:
- every student from SE to BE should be give universal suffrage. since ITSA take funds from all IT students they must have this right.
- voting dates should be declared before at least a week of voting date. and voting event must take place within 20 days of 7th sem commence.
- total number of students should be registered to HOD. here attendance sheet of all 3 year students should be used to create voters list. while election student must sign it before the voter booth.
- the process should run for entire day for voting for each year.
- result of voting should be announced on next day by publishing his name on notice board.
B] criteria for ITSA head:-
- he must be student of FAMT
- he must be a regular student i.e. no drops.(no problems with KT in previous semesters)
- he must be member of ITSA for at least for one year previously.
- his academic attendance must be more that 70% collectively of previous years.
- preferably he should be student of BE, but it is not mandatory.
- all candidate opting for election must register their names to ITSA teacher in charge.
the entire process should be monitored by HOD. the HOD will have veto power and if he is not agree with the selection of candidate he can ask the students for re-election but if same candidate is elected by students as ITSA head then all management should accept his as ITSA head.
C] ITSA members:
- the ITSA head should select his team of other Committee heads. these members should have at least one year experience of working in ITSA. THIS SHOULD BE MANDATORY.
- the IT teacher in charge should approve this list of students.
- the selection process should be finished in 3days, after selection of ITSA head.
- the selected members list should be displayed on notice board.
- every committee head should be given full authority to select it`s team from all IT students applicants. the hierarchy must not be more than 2 layers. the selected students list must be approved by ITSA head.
D] Recommended committees
- documentation n critics
- resource management
- Negotiation committee.
- planning committee (should be aligned with documentation committee)
apart from this the ITSA head can add or subtract any committee with approval of ITSA teacher in charge.
E] Recommended works for each committee:
Each committee must include a member for documentation who will also be a member of documentation committee. He will work under working of respective committee head.
- This committee will be associated with all type of events that took place in college or outside the college. All arrangement like infrastructure n facilities will be responsibility of this committee.
- The work of this committee will be of hardware type.
- The committee should work with finance committee and should seek for external sponsors for events.
2. Tech enthusiasts committee
- the most interesting committee, members of this committee will be selected by team of teachers, including (HOD, ITSA teacher in charge, any 1 senior teachers vote who has taught SE,TE regarding who was best in respective class) criteria:as committee name suggest.
- The resource management includes managing various resources like CD/DVD of tutorials or articles and preservation of them for upcoming batches.
- this committee will be responsible for web site of ITSA and other site to promote IT.
- the committee will work independent of ITSA and will be under control of a staff member, appointed by HOD. the staff member must be excellent programmer and should have interest in programming.
- This committee should be associated with hosting ceremony and related things.
- Work of this committee will be of software type.
- Both the committee must work in synchronization.
- Function of this committee will be making advertisement about the events.
- This committee will include sub hierarchy of
- Notice board
- Web site/ blogs of ITSA
- The members must be selected properly and should be a representative from each year. Reports of planning committee will be helpful for selection process.
- The most important committee, the member of this committee should also be member of other committee. i.e. a member should be there to document events going in all committees and will maintain the file.
- Head of committee should be only person having sole responsibility of one committee.
- Head of this committee should track progress of the work.
- The head of this committee must submit a report at 8th semester based on entire year’s review of working of all committees and their files.
- The work of this committee Relates to all kind of financial activates.
7. Negotiation committee
- The head of this committee must be CR of the BE.
- ITSA head is by default a member of this committee.
- Work of this committee will be of negotiation in case of any kind of conflicts in IT students and inter college student associations. In case of student teacher clashes this committee can work out a composite dialog process.
- The committee should seek to keep healthy communication and relationship with other student association of FAMT.
8. planning committee (should be aligned with documentation committee)
perhaps the most critical and important committee.
- Head of this committee must be topper (of TE) or the programming candle holder person from BE or a computer geek from BE class. The ITSA teacher in charge can have his interpretation for geek.
- Work of this committee is to plane the events of ITSA for each year.
- Plan strategy for making efficient use of talent from IT students. The committee should seek for interest and need of the students and accordingly give recommendation to ITSA head to arrange any lecture or workshop for students.
- The members should have knowledge about IT current affairs.
- During 8th sem. The committee should be guiding force for COG of brainwaves and Utopia COG. For this in 7th sem they should create strategy to develop the necessary software skills.
- Head of documentation should also be member of this committee and must contribute in the documentation of planning, but both documents should be independent of each other.
- At 8th seem, head of committee should submit a report with recommendation for next year ITSA.
1. Anytime members of each committee should not exceed than 5 (only exception can be for documentation committee) . Recommended number is head+3 members and one duo member from documentation committee.
2. Total members of ITSA should not exceed than [(no of committees*5) +no of committee].
3. No member of ITSA can be removed from committee without permission from ITSA teacher in charge.
4. To amend these laws, 2/3 of total committee members should be agree on the amendment and ITSA teacher in charge will be having full authority whether or not to accept it.
5. It is recommended to have a representative from each year in the committee but the head can decide policy depending on availability of members and their interests.
6. There should be No provision for any kind of reservation*, the process of selection should be absolutely based on capacity and talent of individual. (* point 5 is exception)
7. all IT students will have right to information and they can ask for the information about ITSA working, utilization of money. negotiation committee will be in responsible for any such request.
8. depending on sensitivity of data ITSA head can deny a request.
9. management should consider 1% absentees for ITSA members from total number of lectures in a semester. that is approximately 4 lectures.
10. ITSA represents an engineering college so events and planning should represent technical skills.
11. any event of ITSA should not challenge to sovereignty of FAMT.
12. ITSA should work like NGO. ITSA is created to harness the talent of IT ions and not to govern the IT department or to compete with other student association, so working and events should reflect this attitude.
13. last event of ITSA (after UTOPIA/BRAINWAVES) should be arranging a forum/ workshop of current FE IT students. here ITSA should introduce the students with IT staff and the website created to share idea n innovations.
14. Just after election of ITSA head and committee first event must be get-together of SE students and ITSA team, guiding them for how to progress in comming years. for that speaker should be any responsible teacher, not a student.
15. The candidate shall also not have been subject to any disciplinary action by the college authorities. in any such case he must get exlcusive permission from HOD.
if you want to suggest a change post it according to section and no. of clause. Like to suggest change in committee post replay as
section you want change followed by the sub point for example (E.3.2) i.e section E point 3 subpoint 2.